Monday 9 September 2013

Set the Baa High

In the closing days of the recent Australian federal election, Kevin Rudd responded to questions about his party's bad polling by saying that a large number of Australians only make the decision about who they vote for on the actual voting day.

I thought this was wrong. I thought that voting decisions were almost universally made on the basis of well-informed, rational thought - or, in the case of the kind of super safe seat I live in, entrenched prejudice. I certainly had already made up my mind about who I was going to vote for when I arrived at the local primary school to vote.

Then I saw this:

Well, of course, all previous ideas flew out of my head. How could I possibly turn down the opportunity to vote for a dear little lamb wearing a pink bib in front of our fine Parliament building?

No comments:

Post a Comment