Tuesday 18 June 2013

Policy Launch

Since making my debut on the political stage a few days ago, I've thought of two more excellent policies. Unfortunately, I've since forgotten one of them. Before I forget the other, I'll present it here:

I will ban all scrunchily wrapped and crackly to unpack or eat snacks from cinemas and theatres. Anything involving cellophane will be incinerated on entry to places of entertainment, ditto crisps of all kinds, plus their packets and also picture theatre popcorn, because it smells disgusting.

More exciting initiatives will follow as they come to mind (provided I reach a computer before they depart again, leaving behind them only a faint wisp of a half-memory that there did once exist an idea of some kind, now irretrievably vanished).

8 comments:

  1. You certainly have more attractive policies than any others available. Anne Powles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But whatever you do don't vote for me - I'll only be corrupted by power.

      Delete
  2. Have you ever seen the movie "Tampopo"? It begins with a consideration of the theater problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just found it on YouTube, am off to have a look

      Delete
  3. Forgetting a key policy shows you as the political animal you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the banning of disrespectful comments, now I come to think of it.

      Delete
  4. Have you considered sewing every cinema-goer's hands to the chair arms? That would solve all of your food problems in one move.

    ReplyDelete