Wednesday 18 April 2012

What I Did on My Holidays VI

It's embarrassing to admit that, rather than constantly roaming the streets of foreign cities in search of new cultural experience, I did occasionally stay in of an evening and watch the television. And one thing I saw was this:


"Did individuals have to qualify in any way at all?", 'No, not at all", 'Did you do well?", "Not at all well". Until I saw this interview, I'd believed that Peter Cook had been working entirely from his own imagination when he created this character:

but now I realise he was merely embroidering on the truth:

I suppose it's just nostalgia, but I like the sound of George Robertson's 'happy-go-lucky' Olympics, where you could represent your country in lawn tennis, even if the only sport you were any good at was throwing a hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment